Thursday, December 16, 2010

Well I'm on a diet, I guess

I miss Macedonian food. My mom cooking, tasty cheese, fresh-baked pies, delicious bread and proper CHOCOLATE.







Today I had one of those bad days when I really miss home food. The meals that I had today were awful. Don't get me wrong I love Chinese food, but today I just picked the wrong dishes. The lunch was in our canteen, it looked good, so I picked that one. And that's it, just LOOKED good. Grhhh.

The dinner - ahhh. I went to the other canteen, the girl at the counter misheard me (I hate when this happens), so I got something else. It was too late to change it, cos the canteen was closing, so I threw it away. Again. I feel bad when throwing food. What could have I done? I tried it , but it was tasteless.

Went to the local shop, bought some small pies, and yogurt. Oh, the yogurt is sweet in China. I don't like it at all. I want real SOUR one.



Well, I can always say, I'm on a diet. I don't need too much food, right?!

5 comments:

Ana said...

ahh, it's one of those days I guess...hugs to you!

but I must agree on something...macedonian cuisine is delicious :)

Clytie said...

Yep, it does sound like 'one of those days'! I started looking at the food pics you posted and my stomach started growling!!! That spread looks DELICIOUS!

Inger-M said...

That food looks so yummy! I certainly se how you would miss it. The pictures are so good, they make me want to dive right in :-)
I went to China once, and also found much of the food quite tasteless, not at all like I had imagined it.
And I am reminded of a scene from the TV show "Friends" where Ross is going to China, and Chandler says: "Oh, you'll get to eat a lot of chinese; of course there, they just call it food!"

Stay warm! :-)

Unknown said...

Poor Dani
Hope you get better luck with the food.

Tanya Boracay said...

Looks Yummy, i loved fried potato.

Just like to share with you a life quote...

"I love my past. I love my present. I'm not ashamed of what I've had, and I'm not sad because I have it no longer. " -- Colette

You can get more life quotes at http://quotelandia.com/category/life